I love summer and can't wait for it to get here. My favorite place to be is at the beach, so I decided to make a Beachy Plaque!
You will need:
Tin plaque: I found it at Michaels
Wood flip flops and sun: also Michaels
Blue glitter: http://amzn.to/2noPmUA
White glitter: http://amzn.to/2mIzbD9
Here is the video tutorial:
1. The tin plaque has gaps in it, where the string goes through and at the seam where it is put together. Resin will run through those areas, so the first thing I did was seal it. I used glue to cover the seams and the hole. I let it completely dry.
2. While the glue was drying, I painted the wood pieces I intended to use. I made the sun yellow and orange. I made the flip flops blue, with some other fun accent colors. That took at least two coats and I set it aside to dry.
3. I mixed about two ounces of the resin and kept a little bit aside.
4. I mixed sand and white glitter into the resin and then put it into one side of the plaque.
5. I pressed the flip flops into the sand.
6. Then, I added small shells around it. I used the resin I reserved and poured it over the flip flops, to make sure they were completely covered in resin.
7. I used a lighter to pop bubbles.
8. When the initial resin pour had cured, I needed to add more to fill out the rest of the plaque. I added one to two ounces at a time, until it was full. I popped the bubbles and let it completely cure.
9. When the first side cured, I flipped it over and made sure it was level.
10. For the second side, I mixed three ounces of resin.
11. I mixed blue glitter into the resin and poured it into the plaque, - making sure it wasn't too deep.
12. I placed the sun into the resin. I popped bubbles and let it cure.
13. Then I mixed more resin, as needed, until I filled it completely. Then I let it cure.
That's it! Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!® Stay safe!