I thought I would try something a little different this week. I used small glass beads to make a coaster. I think it turned out great! Beads are beautiful!
You will need:
- Cork rounds: http://amzn.to/2lRbzx3
- Glass seed beads: http://amzn.to/2lnt0Eu
- Hot glue: http://amzn.to/2lnH6Gh
Here is the video tutorial:
1. String beads onto the fishing line. The amount you need will depend on the size of your beads and the size of your cork round. I needed roughly 74 inches.
2. Knot both ends, so the beads don't fall off.
3. Using a combination of hot glue and Ultimate glue, you will glue the beads onto the cork round. Start with a small bit of hot glue in the center of the cork round and place one end of the bead string into the hot glue and let it cool.
4. Once cooled, spread the other glue around cork round, a little bit at a time.
5. Keep winding it around itself and adding glue. The hot glue will hold the beads in place, while the other glue dries and creates a stronger bond.
6. When you are done, be sure to allow the glue to dry before you snip the end (if needed).
7. If you have a gap in the very middle, then just glue a couple of loose beads in the middle.
8. I placed a piece of parchment paper on it and put a book on top, while it dried. Cork rounds can sometimes begin to curl, while they dry. The book kept it nice and flat.
That's it! Now you have a coaster that can with stand your coffee or tea cup as well.
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!