Today's post and craft is sponsored by Gemnique!
We are making Mosaic Gem Coasters, with mini gems from Gemnique. If you take some time and explore their website, you will find gems in different size and colors, all to fit your home decor needs! They also have water beads, which would be a fun way to dress up a vase for the holidays. There marbles and fun glass shapes available as well.
You will need:
- Black acrylic paint: http://amzn.to/2e87MmK
- Wood squares (different, but might work): http://amzn.to/2e1OhgJ
- Glue: http://amzn.to/2egrSAz
Find an amazing assortment of gems at: http://www.gemnique.com
- Latte gems(beige): http://www.gemnique.com/glass-gems/mini-glass-gems/mini-glass-gems-latte-opaque/
- Turquoise gems: http://www.gemnique.com/glass-gems/mini-glass-gems/mini-glass-gems-turquoise-opaque/
- Green gems: http://www.gemnique.com/glass-gems/mini-glass-gems/mini-glass-gems-green-opaque/
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Paint the wood pieces black - front and back - two coats.
2. Glue on gems and allow to dry.
3. Grout the coasters. Be sure to follow the directions on your grout. All products are different. You should find the mixing proportions and application directions, as well as clean up directions on the container.
4. Once you have grouted the pieces and have let them dry, be sure to buff them with a soft cloth, so the gems shine!
5. You can seal the grout, to prevent stains. You can also add little rubber feet or bumpers on the bottom, to protect your furniture.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by!
Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!
*This is a sponsored post by Gemnique, but the ideas and opinions are all my own.