Summer = Watermelon
So summer watermelon coasters make perfect sense!
Items I used for resin coaster:
Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/2atsuA0
Green polymer clay: http://amzn.to/2aP0K6a
White polymer clay: http://amzn.to/2aie3dD
Fast Cast Resin: http://amzn.to/2alDWNj
Easy Cast Resin: http://amzn.to/2ah6gCX
Pigments (any one or a combination of them will work):
Black acrylic paint: http://amzn.to/2a4nJNz
Items I used for wood coaster:
Multi-Surface paint: http://amzn.to/2aD9flt
-Regular acrylic paint would be fine too, but you then want to use a sealer, such as a Triple Thick or something similar: http://amzn.to/2aP1xnC
Here is the video tutorial:
Resin Coaster Directions:
1. Use green clay. Knead it in your hands until it is soft and you can work with it.
2. Roll it into a snake and put it in the mold, pressing it along the edges. I didn't in the video, but I would suggest baking it.
3. Once the green has cooled, repeat with the white clay and bake.
4. Once cool, mix your resin. I used the Fast Cast for this part, but you can just as easily use the Easy Cast. Mix one and a half ounces, add the pigment color of your choice and pour into the mold.
5. Pop bubbles with your lighter and allow to cure. All resins are different, so be sure to follow the directions on the package.
6. Once cured, remove from mold and sand it flat.
7. Use acrylic paint to paint on the seeds.
8. Once the paint has dried, mix an ounce of Easy Cast and dome the piece, which means carefully add a layer of resin, so it doesn't run over the sides.
9. Allow to cure and that's it.
Wood Watermelon Coaster Directions:
1. Cut out the watermelon shape from a piece of paper.
2. Trace it onto a piece of plywood.
3. Cut it out with a saw,
4. Sand the edges.
5. Paint the whole thing white - twice.
6. Paint green edge for the rind.
7. Paint reddish color for the watermelon part.
8. Once dry, paint on the seeds.
9. If you used the multi-surface paint, you are done. If you used regular acrylic paint, you will want to use a seller to protect it.
That's it! Now you have two amazing coasters, perfect for summer!!
Thanks for stopping by! Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!