I love finding and combining things to create other things! I was at Dollar tree and did just that, to come up with these.
You will need:
- 2 fishbowl candle holders
- 2 stemmed candleholders - different heights
- Chunky red glitter
- Super glue or E6000
- Sandpaper - whatever grit you have is fine
- Faux pearls beads
- Mod Podge
- Painters tape
Here is the video tutorial:
1. With your sandpaper, scrape up the top edge of the stemmed candleholders and the bottom of the fishbowl candleholders. This is let the glue hold onto the surfaces better.
2. Fill the cups of the stemmed candleholders with the pearl beads.
3. Run your glue along the top edge of the stemmed candleholders and attach them to the bottoms of the fishbowl candleholders. Make sure it is centered and then set them aside to dry.
4. When dry, use painters tape to tape off the cups holding the pearls and also at the bottom of the stem.
4. Using Mod Podge, paint it on the outside of the fishbowls and sprinkle with glitter. Do the same with the bottoms of feet.
5. Allow to dry then repeat with a second coat.
6. Carefully peel off the tape.
That's it! You can use these as candleholders, or as vases since the inside is still glass!!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!