To easily find my crafts, click on the Tutorials tab above. To stay on top of the latest, don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/craftklatch.
You can find the candy mold above in the Craft Klatch Products I Use - Amazon store.
I was asked by one of my YouTube subscribers to do more string crafts and this is one for Valentine's Day.
You will need:
- Candy heart mold - I used the plastic Wilton Heart Truffle Mold -
available in the Products I Use - Amazon Store above
- Liquid starch
- Embroidery floss
- Glue that dries clear
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Carefully unwind your embroidery floss into the starch. Make sure to keep the end out.
2. While you are pulling the embroidery floss out of the starch and winding it into the mold, make sure you are using your other hand to pinch off any excess. You don't want the starch to pool at the bottom of the mold.
3. I did not make a solid heart. I just wanted the shape and I wanted it to have some openings.
4. Allow to completely dry.
5. When dry, they should easily pop right out of the molds. Use a glue that dries clear to glue the two halves together. DO NOT use hot glue. I originally tried hot glue and when I tried to pull off the glue strings, it pulled my heart apart. Elmer's glue would work fine!
6. When the glue is dry feed twine or fishing line through openings at the top of the heart, tie and hang!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting!
Here are the same or similar products I used available at Amazon: