Turn an old golf ball into a snowman ornament.
You will need:
- Felt in red and black
- Golf ball
- Eye screw
- Glitter or beads in green and red
- Acrylic paint in white, orange and black
- A thin ribbon in green
- Wire, ribbon or fishing line
- White slick paint (optional) for snow accent
- Hot glue
Here it the video tutorial:
1. Drill a small hole in the top of the golf ball and insert eye screw. It should screw in very easily.
2. Paint golf ball with white acrylic paint - it might need two coats and allow to dry
3. With the end of a paint brush or skewer, dip into black acrylic paint and make eyes and mouth
4. Paint an orange triangle for the carrot nose
5. Cut black felt into a circle and cut a hole in the middle
6. Cut a strip of black felt and make a tube for the top of the hat
7. Glue on the circle/brim
8. Glue on the tube/top part of hat
9. Cut red felt into a strip and overlap to create a scarf - use hot glue to tack it together
10. Glue the snowman to the scarf
11. Take thin ribbon and glue around the hat for trim
12. Put a glob of hot glue on the hat and sprinkle with red beads or red glitter
13. Put a glob of hot glue on the scarf and sprinkle with green beads or green glitter
14. Optional - take slick fabric paint and run some along random edges of the snowman's scarf and hat to look like snow and sprinkle a white or iridescent glitter on it while wet - let everything dry
Your snowman is ready to be enjoyed! It's a great ornament to decorate the house, or to put on a package!
Happy Holidays and Happy Crafting!