Here is a fun and festive Thanksgiving craft! Imagine a bunch of these on the Thanksgiving table! Your guests will be impressed and you have a great party favor!
You will need:
- Golf ball
- 9 golf tees
- Acorn cap
- Small piece of red felt
- 2 googly eyes
- Acrylic paint - red, yellow, orange and brown
- Hot glue
- Parchment paper - hot glue does not stick to parchment paper!
*I used acrylic paint to make this because it is so cold outside here. Otherwise, I would have spray painted all of the pieces - makes it quicker!
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Paint everything. The golf ball a dark brown. Two golf tees orange. Three golf tees yellow. Four golf tees red. Also paint the stem on the acorn cap yellow.
2. Working on the parchment paper, line up the yellow and red golf tees, alternating the colors, to make the shape of the tail. Make sure your hot glue is good and hot and put it on the bottoms of the tees, to create the tail. Allow to cool.
3. Take the orange tees and lay them down. Put hot glue on the thin ends of both tees and place the golf ball on top. The orange tees become his legs. Allow to cool.
4. Peel the tail off of the parchment paper and blue to the back of the golf ball. Hold in place until cool.
5. Fill the acorn cap with hot glue and hold onto the golf ball and hold until cool.
6. Glue on google eyes.
7. Cut a waddle (teardrop shape) out of red felt and glue under the beak.
8. Trim off any excess hot glue and paint any hot glue (that is showing) brown.
That's it! Place him around your dinner table and see the smiles! Just one more thing to be thankful for!
Here is the side view, so you can see how the tail is attached and how I painted the hot glue brown.
Here is the back view. Notice the hot blue is painted brown.
Have fun and be thankful! Happy Thanksgiving!