Amazon

AD

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Christmas Flower Ornament Recycling Craft




To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  
Like my FACEBOOK page HERE!


Here is an easy craft that is made out of recycled toilet paper rolls.  

You will need:

-  One empty toilet paper roll
-  Scissors
-  Three small glass marbles
-  Red acrylic paint
-  Red glitter
-  White glue
-  Green ribbon
-  Hot glue

Here is the video tutorial:





Directions:

1.  Flatten the toilet paper roll and cut a piece that is approximately 1/2 inch (or less - I don't measure, so eyeball how wide you want the petals to be).

2.  Cut five petals total.  Put a dab of hot glue near the top of each one and glue to the next petal to secure them in place.  Now it should look like a flower.

3.  Paint entire flower with red acrylic paint.

4.  When dry, paint with glue and sprinkle with glitter.  Allow to dry.

5.  Put a glob of hot glue in the center, where all of the petals meet and attach the glass marbles.

6.  Punch a hole in one of the petals - I used a hole punch - and string a ribbon through and make a loop to hang the ornament.

That's it!


For another fun Christmas craft using toilet paper rolls, check out the Frosty Christmas Star!  For all kinds of fun stuff, click on the Tutorials tab to see all my crafts!!  There is something for everyone!  

Come join the fun, while we craft every Monday and Friday!







Thanks for stopping by!   Happy Holidays and Happy Crafting!

Mona



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's certainly a lot to find out about this topic. I like all the points you made.

Feel free to surf to my web blog :: adventures Gauteng
My site - diving courses Gauteng

Laura Plack said...

Dear Mona,

My name is Laura, and I am the editor of AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com. I am contacting you because I would love to feature some of your craft tutorials, like this one, on AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com. I know my readers would love your content!

Each one of our craft reviews includes a short description of the project, a byline that credits you, a link to the tutorial on your site, and a photo of the finished project. We also feature links to projects and accompanying pictures in our free weekly e-mail newsletter.

My email address is lplack@primecp.com. Please let me know if we have permission to feature your projects and photos on AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com and in our newsletters, which reach over 110,000 subscribers. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,

Laura

Denae Haas said...

Thank you for sharing this great idea! I'm going to try it with my class as we learn about Mexico & Christmas Around the World!